The Gulf Radical Cup takes place October to March with 6 events, starting at Yas Marina Circuit on 26th October.
Known around the world as 'the gentleman driver's race series of choice', Radical racing is stronger than ever globally. With up to 5 hours of track time available at each event it offers enormous value. Drivers have the option to share the event (and cost) with a second driver, changing drivers at the mandatory pit stop. If you are new to Radical racing then please contact us to find out more or read our FAQs here.
The testing format at every event may vary slightly but the race format is fixed.
Typical format is as follows:
AM - 3 hour Open pitlane (no official timing)
PM - 2 x 30 Min Official Practise (mixed with GT and Saloon cars)
AM - Q1 - 15 Min (Driver 1)
AM - Q2 - 15 Min (Driver 2)
PM Race 1 - 45 Min (Driver 1 start)
AM Race 2 - 45 Min (Driver 2 start)
Dragon Racing run Motorsport Wednesdays will be available on a selection of the GRC rounds, from AED 3,300 per car for approx. 4 hours of exclusive track time on the same circuit layout as the race weekend
Season Rewards & Incentives
- Radical Sportscars UK are supporting the 2018/19 Gulf Radical Cup with a fully funded race weekend in the 2019 Radical UK Cup at Silverstone.
- Radical Sportscars UK are supporting the 2018/19 Gulf Radical Cup with a free set of tyres for drivers signed up for the full season before 1st August 2018.
- Virage Racing Academy in Spain are supporting the 2018/19 Gulf Radical Cup with a fully funded test in their Ligier LMP3 car. Read more here.
The 2018/19 Champion will be offered choice of testing the LMP3 or racing at Silverstone. Their second choice will automatically go to the Vice Champion.
The entry fee for the 2018/19 season is AED (Coming soon). This will include Q1 & Q2 also Race 1 & Race 2. We have not included the cost of testing as the amount of testing varies from driver to driver - testing fees to be paid directly to the circuit. Dragon Wednesday Test Days will also be available at selected events.
- 2018/19 Race Entry Fee - 29,900 (+VAT) (paid before 18th October)
- Free set of Hankook Slick tyres will be provided to any entry paid for before the 15/9/18. Effectively taking your entry down to under AED 25K!
- Single entry fee - AED 6,000 (+VAT)
- Testing Fee - AED (Coming soon) (paid directly to circuit)
- Dragon Wednesday Testing - from AED 3,300 (+vat) (paid directly to Dragon Racing
Hankook has been selected as the Global Tyre Partner by Radical Sportcars UK and will be available exclusively from GulfSport Racing. Tyre usage will be limited to one set per event (Q1, Q2, R1, R2). A punctured or a damaged tyre will be dealt with in the Sporting Regulations).
- Hankook SR3 Tyre (Set) - 5,320 (+VAT)
Any driver with an FIA issued race licence is able to compete in the Gulf Radical Cup. If you are unsure about the licence you have (or need) please contact us and we will assist you. There are specific FIA rules about 'foreign drivers' scoring points in a National Series; again we can assist you with this.
Each driver that enters the full season will get two passes for each event.
- Season Entry - 2 passes per car
- Extra Passes - AED (Coming soon) per head/day (needs to confirmed and paid for 7 days prior)
The 2018/19 Gulf Radical Cup is partnered with a media partner. They will run a feature on every race event, including video media. GulfSport Racing will also be putting a member of their staff through the training process to get trained, obtain a race licence and complete a race weekend. They plan to feature and profile existing competitors.